About Me

My photo
Sudbury, Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am a textile artist living on the Suffolk Essex border. I am a member of the Out of the Fold Textile Group and East Anglian Stitched Textiles (EAST)I am the Principal Tutor for Creative Stitch which offers courses in Creative Patchwork and Quilting and Creative Stitch Textiles. I teach each year at the Knitting & Stitching Shows and Festival of Quilts. I also offer workshops and talks to groups throughout the UK in person and via zoom.I am also a member of the QGBI and the specialist Contemporary Quilt Group and STARS (formerly Suffolk West Embroiderers Guild)

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Material Dialogues exhibition

 

We are very close now to the Out of the Fold exhibition opening on 23rd Sept 2026 at St. Margaret's Gallery in Norwich

This will be a large exhibition of work by all twelve members of the group plus some work by past members to celebrate 20 years since Out of the Fold was formed in 2006

The new series for 2026 is inspired by the theme 'Material Dialogues' with a range of original, dynamic, thought-provoking work being produced. The theme has proved to be a rich source of inspiration with members exploring very different fabrics - metals, wood, paper, wool, natural and synthetic materials.




St. Margaret's Gallery, St. Benedict's Street, Norwich NR2 4TU is a wonderful space to show this work. 

It is a BIG space so we will have lots of work on show.

As part of 'Material Dialogues' group members worked in collaborative pairs (drawn at random) to create pieces for the exhibition. 

We will have a video at the exhibition explaining this process with some insights behind the work from the makers.







These were first shown at the Creative Stitch Graduate Show in July 2026 but will be shown off much better in the gallery against the white wooden boards, tables and plinths

Here is a glimpse of one of the collaborations made by myself and Frances Overy








Our series 'Reflections' which was first shown in Bury St Edmunds Guildhall in Sept 2025 will form part of the Norwich exhibition too.

So lots of exciting textile art will be on show. The largest exhibition ever staged by this talented group.

Members will be stewarding the event each day.

Open 10.30 - 4.00 each day

FREE entry




No comments:

Post a Comment