About Me

My photo
Sudbury, Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am a textile artist living on the Suffolk Essex border. I am a member of the Out of the Fold Textile Group and East Anglian Stitched Textiles (EAST) I teach each year at the Festival of Quilts. I also offer workshops and talks to groups throughout the UK in person and via zoom.I am also a member of the QGBI and the specialist Contemporary Quilt Group and STARS (formerly Suffolk West Embroiderers Guild)

Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Natural Light update

 

It is always satifying when a plan comes together!

"Natural Light" was created in response to the stained glass window in St Margaret's Gallery in Norwich and here it is hanging near the window with the morning light streaming through.

The stained glass inspired hangings are made from a variety of materials - each one absorbing or reflecting light according to their level of opacity or translucency - and includes pieces of eco dyed silk using fresh leaves. 

The colours are in part also influenced by the stained glass work of the wonderful John Piper



On sale at the exhibition are some eco printed 100% silk scarves using the same technique as the silk in the hangings

The scarves are 114cm x 30cm and have a handstitched rolled edge

£25 each.

Range of colours. 

Lovely gifts.







"Let there be Light"

Carrying on the theme of 'Light' I also have a display of glass lanterns/candle holders for sale in the exhibition

Varying sizes and colours. Each one includes a battery candle.

Prices from £15 - £50









And using the tissue paper - a by product from the eco dyeing - to make handmade books

A5 size £15

A4 size £25

Every one is unique. Good quality paper. 

Ideal gifts







The 'Material Dialogues' exhibition continues until Sunday 4th October 2026

10.30am to 4pm each day

Free Entry

Lots of brilliant work by all twelve members of Out of the Fold plus invited alumni members






No comments:

Post a Comment