About Me

My photo
Sudbury, Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am a textile artist living on the Suffolk Essex border. I am a member of the Out of the Fold Textile Group and East Anglian Stitched Textiles (EAST) I teach each year at the Festival of Quilts. I also offer workshops and talks to groups throughout the UK in person and via zoom.I am also a member of the QGBI and the specialist Contemporary Quilt Group and STARS (formerly Suffolk West Embroiderers Guild)

Sunday, 16 February 2014

Rust obsession


My obsession with rust dyeing continues and I have dyed several very long and thin pieces of recycled calico cotton with some old sofa springs donated by fellow Out of the Folder Jane Rowland which I have left to nicely rust up over the autumn. These are now yielding some very interesting marks and are crying out to be folded and stitched.


..

 


No comments:

Post a Comment