About Me

My photo
Sudbury, Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am a textile artist living on the Suffolk Essex border. I am a member of the Out of the Fold Textile Group and East Anglian Stitched Textiles (EAST) I teach each year at the Festival of Quilts. I also offer workshops and talks to groups throughout the UK in person and via zoom.I am also a member of the QGBI and the specialist Contemporary Quilt Group and STARS (formerly Suffolk West Embroiderers Guild)

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Colour, colour, colour

 

Rainbow Squares (framed 12") 
Following the great success of the Out of the Fold exhibition in Norwich with almost a thousand visitors it is on the the next........


For the 'Side By Side' exhibition at Snape Maltings I will be sharing space in the Quay Gallery with the very lovely Melanie Missen



Summer Flurries (detail) 
Inspired by Mellymade who designs and creates such colourful, bright and vibrant work I too will be using COLOUR as the guiding pronciple for this selection of textile work.

The exhibition opens on Friday 23rd October and runs until Wed 28th. Either myself or Melanie will be stewarding each day.

Free entry. Open 10am - 4pm












Autumn's Glory (framed)
The colours of Autumn will also feature as the virginia creeper on the walls of the Quay Gallery blaze gloroiusly in the Autumn sunshine every year and bring me joy

Snape Maltings is a great place to visit with lots of galleries, shops and cafes to enjoy. Walking around the site to see the outdoor sculpture or along the river into the reed beds lifts the soul. 












Image taken at Snape in 2025


The light changes througout the day as the river water levels rise and fall with the tide. Maybe take a boat trip as part of your day out?

And do not forget to visit the magnificant concert hall with the beamed roof resembling an upturned ship. 

We would love to see lots of friends at the exhibition as well as local visitors and holidaymakers. All welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment